Calculating the Durability and Fatigue of Mechanical Components
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fatigue damage mechanisms and the different characteristics of materials/alloys
- Determine the parameters needed to calculate the fatigue life and select the most appropriate lifing method
- Determine the low cycle fatigue or the high cycle fatigue life
- Understand the characteristics of welded joint sand the methods to improve their fatigue life
- Have a better understanding of the crack propagation lifing
When cyclic load is applied to a mechanical component, fatigue life has to be calculated to ensure the component meets the design objectives. It is important to understand the lifing methodology and consider all factors affecting the fatigue capability to calculate fatigue life accurately. Factors affecting fatigue strength are classified in two categories: intrinsic (related to the material) and extrinsic (related to component geometry and operating environment). This course is focused on fatigue damage mechanisms, the behaviour of different type of materials/alloys, lifing method, the parameters needed to calculate the fatigue life, and the characteristics of welded joints as well as an introduction to fracture mechanics.
- Fatigue damage mechanisms
- Fatigue test
- Material behaviours: steels, alloys
- Methods to calculate fatigue life
- Welded joints characteristics
- Cumulative damage
- Fatigue at high temperatures
- Introduction to fracture mechanics
- Case studies
Who Should Attend:
Mechanical and Structural Engineers • Consultants • Engineers in TrainingREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW