Codes and Standards of HVAC Equipment and Systems
After attending the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify and understand changes introduced in the codes/standards and their implications on the design and operation of HVAC equipment and systems
- Plan and design HVAC equipment and systems in compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Identify and select procedures for efficient operation of various HVAC equipment and systems
- Understand which compliance option is most suitable for a given circumstance
- Identify regulations which pertain to your own specific situation
Understanding codes and regulations governing design, maintenance and operation of HVAC Equipment and Systems (E&S) is a must for all individuals working with HVAC systems. Proper design and operation of HVAC E&S not only requires a thorough understanding of relevant codes and standards, but also it requires one to stay up-to-date with all changes introduced in these codes and standards. This course helps participants to be knowledgeable with heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems with respect to requirements of Part 5 (Environmental Separation) and Part 6 (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) of the Provincial Building Codes. It also covers information on applicable standards referenced in these codes such as ASHRAE standards 55, 62.1, and 90.1. Case studies and workshops will be used to explore the prescriptive and the performance compliance options available in these codes/standards. Recent changes introduced in these codes and standards and their implications on the design and operation of HVAC Equipment and Systems will also be addressed.
- Introduction â€“ Psychrometric representation and analysis of commonly used HVAC cycles
- Overview of various HVAC Systems
- Building Code Sections pertain to HVAC Systems
- Codes and Standards applicable for design and operation of HVAC Systems
- ASHRAE Standard 55 - Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy
- ASHRAE Standard 62.1 - Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1 - Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
Who Should Attend
Builders, Designers, HVAC Contractors and Building Inspectors • Design and Project Engineers &Technologists • Plant and Facility Engineers • Consultants • Mechanical Engineers and Technologists• Maintenance and Operation Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW