Codes and Standards of HVAC Equipment and Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and understand recent changes introduced in the codes/standards and their implications on the design and operation of HVAC equipment and systems.
- Plan and design HVAC equipment and systems in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Identify and Select procedures for efficient operation of various HVAC equipment and systems.
- Understand which compliance option is most suitable for a given circumstance.
- Identify regulations which pertain to your own specific
- Gain insight into how to modify/adjust current systems in order to comply.
Understanding codes and regulations governing design, maintenance and operation of HVAC Equipment and Systems is a must for all individuals who have interest in and/or working with HVAC systems. Proper design and operation of HVAC Equipment and Systems not only requires a thorough understanding of relevant codes and standards, but also it requires one to stay up-to-date with all frequent changes introduced in these codes and standards.
This course focuses on enabling participants to be knowledgeable with heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems with respect to requirements of Part 5 (Environmental Separation) and Part 6 (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) of the Provincial Building Code. The course also covers information on applicable standards referenced in these codes such as ASHRAE standards 55, 62.1, and 90.1. Case studies and workshops will be used to explore the prescriptive compliance options and the performance compliance options available in these codes/standards. Recent changes introduced in these codes and standards and their implications on the design and operation of HVAC Equipment and Systems will also be addressed.
- Introduction – Psychrometric representation and analysis of commonly used HVAC cycles
- Overview of various HVAC Systems.
- Building Code Sections pertain to HVAC Systems.
- Codes and Standards applicable for design and operation of HVAC Systems.
- ASHRAE Standard 55 - Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy.
- ASHRAE Standard 62.1 - Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality.
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1 - Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings.
Who Should Attend
- Builders, designers, HVAC contractors and building inspectors. • Design and Project Engineers &Technologists • Plant and Facility Engineers • Consultants
- Mechanical Engineers and Technologists• Maintenance and Operation Personnel.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW