Comprehensive Guide to HVAC Systems: Fundamentals, Design and Operation
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Gain insight into the individual components of an HVAC/R system.
- Apply fundamental principles to effectively design and operate HVAC systems.
- Understand basic psychrometric terms and applications.
- Understand basic pressure enthalpy terms and how it applies to an HVAC/R system.
- Perform calculations for the refrigeration cycle, building load, duct design, and hydronic piping design.
- Select appropriate controls for optimizing HVAC equipment and systems.
- Identify trends in equipment selection being used in single-family and multi-family residential construction.
- Identify energy-saving opportunities within HVAC systems.
- Design efficient control strategies for HVAC systems.
This comprehensive course is essential for HVAC system designers and operators seeking mastery in fundamentals, sizing, selection, and operation. Participants will delve into core principles, psychrometrics, air conditioning processes and equipment, heating processes and equipment, heat loss and heat gain calculations, air distribution system design, controls, energy usage, and the economics of HVAC systems.
By mastering these skills, you will be well-equipped to design, operate, and optimize HVAC systems with a focus on energy efficiency and cost savings.
- HVAC/R System Fundamentals
- Major Components
- Refrigerant and Pressure v Temperature Relationship
- Pressure Enthalpy: Net Refrigeration Effect – external factors impacting capacity and efficiency.
- Building Envelope Considerations
- Heat loss and heat gain calculations
- Duct design
- Water distribution systems
- HVAC equipment and system selection
- Control selection, energy, and costs
Who Should Attend
Consultants • Facilities • Trained Technical Operators • Professional Personnel Responsible for Designing, Specifying and Maintaining HVAC And Refrigeration • Others Involved in the Retrofit, Installation and Repair of Such Equipment and Systems.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW