Demystifying Cathodic Protection
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- Understand corrosion mechanisms for various metals, especially carbon steel
- Describe the characteristics of cathodic protection systems (sacrificial anode and impressed current)
- Identify the limits of each technology and their applicability
- Understand basic code requirements (API, CSA and NACE)
- Supervise basic cathodic protection work and maintenance
Cathodic protection is vital to ensure the integrity of numerous structures buried in the ground or concrete or immersed in water; particularly in the civil, maritime and petrochemical fields. However, basic principles are often poorly understood, leading to several problems, especially when accidents can have important impacts on health and safety or the environment.
This course will focus on the two cathodic protection technologies: sacrificial anodes and impressed current, on the criteria used to select one or the other, their inherent strength and weaknesses and on economic aspects. Furthermore, maintenance, verifications (based on industry standards) and common mistakes will be discussed through examples and case studies.
Course Outline :
- Properties of metals and alloys
- Corrosion mechanisms and electromotive force
- Electrolytic circuits and cathodic protection theory
- Sacrificial anodes
- Impressed current
- Case studies and mistakes to avoid
Who Should Attend:
Mechanical and Civil Engineers • Technologists • Project Managers in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Municipal, Civil and Mining and Metals Fields
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW