Design and Operation of Chilled Water Plants
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Select the most suitable chilled water unit for your application
- Acquire up to date techniques for pumping and distribution of chilled water
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of chilled water storage system
- Gain an understanding of how to balance variable flows in system
- Familiarize with instrumentation and control of chilled water plants
- Choose the right approach to troubleshooting problems by analyzing root cause
- Improve the profitability of operation by increasing reliability and efficiency
Chilled water plants have been widely used in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration industry. The proper design of these facilities includes not only selection of adequate equipment, but also their optimization from the point of view of production, distribution, storage as well as the utilization for the given cooling load and minimization of operating and maintenance costs.
This practical course will enable participants to become familiar with the main phases in the design and construction of the chilled water plants. The course will explain the best practices and procedures for installation, start-up and commissioning. Discussed will be the methods of efficiency optimization in operation and maintenance, as well as the minimization of overall costs. The seminar will be conducted along the workshop principles, consisting of formal lectures and interactive worked examples that will be part of workshops. Real life examples and case studies will be selected to illustrate the design and operating procedures. This will result in active contribution of all participants during the team work. All course materials will be provided.
- Chillers Types: VCR and VAR
- Cooling Towers
- Pumping Systems
- Piping Systems Options
- Chilled Water Storages
- Instrumentation and Control
- Chiller Procurement
Who Should Attend
Chiller plant design engineers • Application engineers • Facilities and plant managers • Building systems managers • Mechanical contractors and consultants • Construction engineers • Field inspectors
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW