Design, Sizing and Equipment Selection for Thermal Fluid Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply principles of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics in component design of real thermal-Fluid systems.
- Use analytical and empirical tools in the design and analysis of various thermal-fluid system components.
- Evaluate technical alternatives while bearing in mind practical limitations and criteria.
The success in achieving productivity targets and improving existing processes depends on one’s understanding and ability to assess system performance, perform accurate design and sizing calculations, and diagnose and troubleshoot faults.
Participants in this course will learn how to design, size, select, and assess the performance of various components in commonly used thermal-fluid system such as: gas transporting systems (fans, compressors, and ducts), liquid transporting systems (pumps and piping), and heat exchanging systems (shell and tube, double pipe, plate and frame and cross-flow heat exchangers). The materials presented in this course are for individuals who have little background on the subject; while also providing valuable information for personnel with thermal-fluid systems experience.
- Selected Topics in Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Fluids Transporting Systems
- Gases Transporting Systems
- Liquid Transporting Systems
- Heat Exchanging Systems
- Equipment Design and Sizing
- Double Pipe Heat Exchangers
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers and Cross Flow Heat Exchangers
- Equipment Selection and Operation
Who Should Attend
Design and Project Engineers and Technologists • Plant and Facility Engineers Consultants • Mechanical Engineers and Technologists • Maintenance and Operation Personnel and Other Technical Personnel Who Need to Upgrade Their Current Knowledge of Design, Operation Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Failure Prevention of Gas and Liquid Transporting and Heat Exchanging Equipment Used in Various Industries such as: Chemical, Petroleum, Petrochemical, Utility &Energy, Plastics, Pulp &Paper, Manufacturing Service and Heat Treating IndustriesREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW