Failure Analysis - A Practical Guide
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Analyse failed parts and components systematically and obtain conclusions based on sound scientific principles.
- Apply this information to improve the design and reliability of metallic, ceramic and polymer parts and machinery.
Today’s competitive industrial environment demands reliable and effective solutions to problems. Root cause failure analysis is essential to improve quality and reliability and prevent catastrophic failures. While an extensive range of analytical techniques is available, proper methodology and techniques must be used to obtain reliable results.
This course will focus on practical techniques to perform successful failure analysis. Relying on years of experience, the instructor will describe techniques and approaches combined with practical examples. The participants are encouraged to bring examples from their experiences for discussion and preliminary analysis.
- The basic principle of failure analysis
- Destructive and non-destructive testing
- Basic types and properties of materials: polymers, ceramics and metals
- Most common types of Failures (fatigue, corrosion, overload, environmental degradation, etc...…)
- Fundamentals of corrosion
- Analytical Tools
- Practical Examples are taken from various industries: HVAC and Plumbing, civil engineering, pressure vessels, extractive metallurgy, oil and gas industry
Who Should Attend
Plant Managers • Superintendents and Supervisors • Technical Managers • Engineering Consultants • Maintenance Personnel • Laboratory Personnel • Quality Management Personnel • Accident Investigators • Insurance Litigators and Purchase Officials.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW