Heat Exchangers - Design, Operation and Performance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of heat transfer in heat exchangers
- Gain knowledge on heat exchanger design and performance rating
- Make a proper selection of the type of heat exchanger for a given application
- Perform thermal-hydraulic design of heat exchangers
- Apply relevant standards, codes and best industry practices
- Discuss the operation and efficiency of condensers and reboilers
- Analyze in-service performance issues related to fouling and corrosion,
- Address remedies for vibration and other deteriorations
This course will present the basic principles of heat transfer and fluid flow in heat exchangers. The design and operation of shell and tube heat exchangers (STHE), air-cooled exchangers (ACHE), and plate heat exchangers (PHE) will be discussed in detail. This intensive course will provide means to improve the heat exchanger’s effectiveness and extension of the life of the equipment. The course will explain how to use the standards and codes such as API, TEMA, ASME and other recommended practices.
Class workshops and discussions will cover the selection of materials and technologies for fabrication. The course will also cover various methods for efficient operation and performance improvement of heat exchangers, including fouling and corrosion mitigation techniques and control of tube bundle vibration. Presented also will be the best practices for efficient repair of heat exchangers
This course will include several class workshops that will include case studies and selected practical, real-world examples to be solved in teamwork.
- Heat exchanger fundamental calculations
- Types and Applications of Heat Exchangers
- Thermal and Hydraulic Design of Heat Exchangers
- Sizing and Specifying Shell-and-Tube Heat Exchangers (STHE)
- Mechanical Design Parameters, Codes, Standards and Recommended Practices
- Basic Mechanical Design of Heat Exchangers: STHE, PHE, ACHE
- Materials, Construction Features, and Fabrication of Heat Exchangers
- Heat Exchanger Performance Enhancement: tube bundles, baffles and vibration
- Inspection, Maintenance and Troubleshooting: fouling, corrosion, failures
- Workshops: Case studies, examples and solutions
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for those involved in selecting, procurement, and operation of heat exchangers in various industries, as well as for those involved in maintenance and troubleshooting:
Project engineers • Process engineers • Mechanical engineers • Plant and Maintenance engineers • Facilities engineers • Engineering technologists, Supervisors, and Managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW