In-Plant Cranes, Hoists and Lifting Devices - Types, Components, Inspection, Operation and Safety
After attending the course, you will be able to:
- Have an overall understanding of the various types of in-plant cranes
- Become familiar with the different types of crane lifting attachments
- Have a fundamental understanding of the structural, mechanical and electrical components of a crane
- Appreciate the safety requirements associated with the use of cranes and lifting devices
Most industrial facilities employ cranes and lifting devices as part of their normal operations. An understanding of the various equipment types, along with their usage and operation, are essential from a safety and maintenance point of view as well as for overall plant efficiency.
This course describes the various types and uses of cranes, hoists, and lifting devices available to industrial, commercial and institutional facilities. The inspection and testing of cranes will be addressed and the structural, mechanical and electrical components of a crane will be presented. Inspection, repair, and operational safety aspects will also be discussed.
- Types of cranes and hoists
- Crane structural components
- Crane mechanical components
- Crane electrical components
- Overhead crane runways
- Lifting attachments and equipment
- Crane inspection, repair and testing
- Crane safety aspects
Who Should Attend
Mechanical Engineers • Technicians • Plant and Facility Managers • Supervisors • Operations and Maintenance personnel • Stationary Engineers • Consultants and Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW