Industrial Piping: Design, Operation and Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Reference the pipe system codes and standards that may be applicable at your facility
- Apply the fundamentals of pipe flow and pressure drop
- Appreciate the impact of components integral with, and equipment connected to, pipe systems
- Implement cost-effective inspection and maintenance practices associated with pipe systems
Reliable, safe, compliant and economic pipe systems are essential to achieve production requirements of process industries and other facilities. Pipes convey many types of fluids essential to industrial processes and are therefore as important as any single piece of production related equipment. This fact is often overlooked. This course looks at the codes and regulations associated with pipe system design and operation, and outlines load considerations. Design aspects of pipe systems, including components and attached equipment, will be addressed. Several relevant exercises are included in the course.
The course will also discuss inspection and maintenance practices of pipe systems.
- Pipe connections
- Regulations, codes and standards
- Pipe stresses
- Fluid flow in pipes
- Pipe systems
- Filters and strainers
- Impact of equipment attached to pipe systems
- Pipe system instrumentation
- Pipe system inspection and maintenance
Who Should Attend
Mechanical Engineers • Project Engineers • Field Engineers • Mechanical Designers • Plant and Facility Managers • Supervisors • Operations personnel • Technicians • Stationary Engineers • Consultants and Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW