Layout and Design of Process Plant Equipment and Piping Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop practical working knowledge of process equipment and piping systems layout
- Become familiar with design principles, procedures and best practices
- Determine the impact of layout and pipe routings options
- Familiarize yourself with the design and construction codes and standards for piping and process equipment
- Enhance your knowledge in stress analysis and better appreciate its role in avoiding failures
- Learn from catastrophic incidents that resulted from poor layout and design
Designing process plants is a complex and demanding process. The design of plant layout is one of the most important tasks before plant construction. A good plant layout can not only reduce capital cost, but can also help to improve the safety of the plant and reduce its environmental impact. Additionally, fast and easy access to the parts of the plant and the equipment is essential for effective operation and maintenance which means higher plant availability and longer time between failures. This course will familiarize participants with all aspects of process plant major equipment and piping systems.
This course will include several class workshops that will include case studies and selected practical real-world examples to be solved in teamwork.
- Design and sizing of various process equipment and piping
- Layout planning of process plant equipment and piping
- Design standards and code requirements
- Specifics of the design of piping support systems
- Piping thermal expansion and flexibility
- Pipe stress analysis and demonstration of software application
- Workshops: case studies, examples and solutions
Who Should Attend:
Engineers and Designers involved in Plant Design and Operation Activities • Project Engineers • Process and Piping Engineers • Contractors and Suppliers • Piping Design and Analysis Personnel • Recent Engineering Graduates.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW