Layout and Design of Process Plant Equipment and Piping Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a practical working knowledge of process equipment and piping systems layout
- Become familiar with design principles, procedures and best practices
- Determine the impact of layout and pipe routings options
- Understand design and construction codes and standards for piping and process equipment
- Enhance your knowledge of stress analysis and better appreciate its role in avoiding failures
- Learn from catastrophic incidents that resulted from poor layout and design
Designing process plants is a complex and demanding process. The plant layout design is one of the most important tasks before plant construction. A good plant layout can not only reduce capital costs but also help improve the plant’s safety and reduce its environmental impact. Additionally, fast and easy access to the parts of the plant and the equipment is essential for effective operation and maintenance, which means higher plant availability and a longer time between failures. This course will familiarize participants with the technical characteristics of process plant equipment and piping systems.
This course will include several class workshops consisting of case studies and selected practical, real-world examples to solve in teamwork.
- Design and sizing of various process equipment and piping
- Layout planning of process plant equipment and piping
- Design standards and code requirements
- Specifics of the design of piping support systems
- Piping thermal expansion and flexibility
- Pipe stress analysis and demonstration of software application
- Workshops: case studies, examples and solutions
Who Should Attend
Engineers and Designers involved in Plant Design and Operation Activities • Project Engineers • Process and Piping Engineers • Contractors and Suppliers • Piping Design and Analysis Personnel • Recent Engineering Graduates.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW