Plumbing Systems Design for Multi-Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Buildings
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Know the key design considerations for plumbing systems in buildings
- Apply codes and standards
- Make sound materials selection decisions
- Select specific equipment and the piping for it
- Understand why and when specialized piping is used
This course is a comprehensive review of plumbing systems design, intended for professional engineers and technologists whose responsibilities include plumbing system design in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
Course topics include the theory of drains and vents, hot and cold domestic water piping systems, and the selection of hot water heaters and pumps and their installation. Additionally, piping materials selection, double containment piping, and manual valves are discussed, along with cross-contamination control and backflow prevention methods.
- Theory of Fixture, Sewer, Vent, and Drain Pipe
- Sewers and Drains: Fixtures, Drains, and Vents
- Domestic Hot and Cold Water Piping Systems
- Domestic Water Ancillary Systems
- Sump and Ejector Pumps
- Hydronic Systems
- Cross Connection Control and Backflow Prevention
- Plumbing System Materials Selection
- Case Study: Plumbing System Design
Who Should Attend
Plumbing designers • mechanical design professional engineers and technologists • physical plant supervisors • maintenance personnel •building officials, inspectors, operators and contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW