Process Equipment and Piping Systems: Application, Design and Operation
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand equipment design methods based on existing world standards
- Apply HAZOP, LOPA and FMEA analysis during design and in operation
- Perform Risk-Based Inspection and analyze results
- Perform fitness for Service (FFS) analysis
- Make the run/repair/replace decisions
Components of process equipment and piping systems are subjected to hazardous service conditions and damage mechanisms. This course will enable technical personnel to become familiar with good design methods, selection of quality engineering materials and the procedures for monitoring and inspection of equipment so as to detect and assess any damage and malfunction in operation. The course will present the approach based on criticality list, including risk-based inspection and corresponding tests that focus on failure mechanisms and prevention techniques. This course will also cover practical aspects of equipment safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair techniques as well as the method of calculation of equipment remaining life
This course will have several class workshops that will include case studies and selected practical real-world examples to be solved in teamwork.
- Equipment Safety in Design and Operation
- HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA Analysis
- Main Design Standards: ASME BPV Sec VIII, ASME B31.3
- Safety Conditions in Operation and Maintenance
- Pressure Vessels, Storage Tanks and Piping Systems
- Industrial Boilers and Heat Exchangers
- Pumps, Compressors, Turbines
- Failure Prevention Techniques
- Risk Based Inspection: API 580
- Best Practices for Maintenance and Repairs
Who Should Attend:
Professional and technical personnel in petrochemical, process, power and other industries • Mechanical engineers • Process engineers • Project engineers • Technical personnel in operation, maintenance and safety systems
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW