Pumps and Pipe Systems - Features and Technology
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Familiarize with performance characteristics of centrifugal pumps
- Apply pipe system standards and codes for design safety of operation
- Perform calculation of pipe flow, pressure drop and pumping power
- Understand procedure for inspection of piping systems
- Follow the best practices for maintenance and repair of piping systems
The reliable operation of pumps and mechanical integrity of piping systems is essential to the cost-effective operation of industrial facilities. This course will present the technical characteristics and functioning of all types of pumps with the focus on centrifugal pumps. Calculation of fluid flow and pressure drop in piping system will be explained in detail, as well as selection of the right pump for the given application. Best practices for efficient operation and maintenance of pumps and piping systems will be discussed.
This course will have several class workshops that will include case studies and selected practical real-world examples to be solved in teamwork.
- Fluid Flow in Pipes and Pumps
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Cavitation Prevention Methods
- Pump Selection and Installation
- Pipe Connections and Systems
- Pump and Pipe Condition Monitoring
- Maintenance of Pumps and Pipe Systems
Who Should Attend
Plant and Facilities managers • Engineers • Technicians and Supervisors who need to be familiar with the fundamentals associated with pumps and pipe systems • Plant and facilities operations personnel• Managers • engineers • Technicians and Supervisors responsible for plants and facilities• Stationary Engineers • Consultants and Contractors • Personnel in the food, chemical, petrochemical, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, water utility and energy industries will find this course of particular interest.REQUEST ON-SITE Quote
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW