Pumps and Compressors: Selection, Operation and Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Better understand functioning of internal elements of pumps and compressors
- Develop familiarity with design and operating characteristics of pumps and compressors
- Investigate the root cause of problems when doing troubleshooting
- Make use of the results of condition monitoring procedure
- Apply the guidelines for inspection, testing and maintenance
Pumps and compressors of various designs and applications, are encountered throughout the process and petrochemical industry. Pumping systems and compressors stations sometimes have to provide transport of complex and difficult liquids and gases
This course will cover important technical aspects of pumping and compressor systems as encountered in modern industrial applications. Of special interest will be centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps, as well as multistage centrifugal and reciprocating compressors. The course will provide explanation of vital elements of construction of pumps and compressors, their role and proper functioning and operating conditions. The focus will also be on maintenance, inspection and condition monitoring, including vibration, balancing and lubricating oil analysis.
The course will include several workshops with real-life case studies selected from everyday technical practice involving potential problems in operation and corresponding troubleshooting procedures. The problem solutions will be explained and discussed.
- Internal elements of pumps and compressors
- Performance characteristics and best efficient point
- Standards for operation and inspection of rotating machinery
- Common failure modes and troubleshooting methods
- Prevention of pump cavitation and compressor surge
- Maintenance procedures for reliability of bearings and seals
Who Should Attend
Plant and facilities Managers • Engineers • Technicians and Supervisors • Operations Personnel • Stationary Engineers • Consultants and Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW