Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
After participating in this course, you will:
- Gain insight into the individual components of an HVAC/R system.
- Understand basic psychrometric terms and applications.
- Understand basic pressure enthalpy terms and how it applies to an HVAC/R system.
- Recognize and decipher energy-efficiency rates like SEER and COP.
- Identify trends in refrigerants being used in new equipment.
- Identify trends in equipment selection being used in single-family and multi-family residential construction.
- Identify proper procedures pertaining to installation, commissioning, and maintenance.
Many buildings managers, operators, designers and construction people deal with and manage HVAC and refrigeration systems on a daily basis, yet a large number work with these systems without a full appreciation of the design and operating considerations and principles. This seminar is designed to offer practical insight and understanding of the critical factors of these systems that are required for the safe and efficient operation of these highly technical and complex systems.
- Building Envelope Considerations
- Basic HVAC/R System Concepts
- Refrigerant and Pressure v Temperature Relationship
- Major Components: Compressors, Condensers, Evaporators, and Metering Devices
- Pressure Enthalpy: Net Refrigeration Effect – external factors impacting capacity and efficiency.
- Refrigerant Charging, Refrigerant Recovery, and Evacuation.
- Basic Commissioning and Maintenance Requirements
Who Should Attend
Consultants • Facilities • Trained Technical Operators • Professional Personnel Responsible for Designing, Specifying and Maintaining HVAC And Refrigeration • Others Involved in the Retrofit, Installation and Repair of Such Equipment and Systems.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW