Sustainable Design and Operation of HVAC Systems in Buildings
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of the design and operation of HVAC systems in buildings.
- Learn systematic procedures for the selection of system and equipment options.
- Gain insight into sustainable designs of HVAC systems in buildings.
The building industry is approaching the general acceptance of sustainable design principles. Sustainable design means that engineers must interact with architects, owners, and facility managers in a team effort to provide a high-quality, productive environment for people while considering the impact of their design on the environment. The LEEDTM (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system is an excellent way to quantify the sustainability of buildings.
This course focuses on the sustainable design and operation of HVAC systems used in buildings.
It covers the basics of science by which the HVAC systems operate, descriptions of the many system and equipment options that can be selected, guidelines for which might be appropriate in given applications, and exercises and case studies to reinforce the material.
Topics are introduced to individuals who have little background on the subject while providing valuable information resources to personnel having more experience with HVAC systems in buildings.
- To provide the basics of the operation of HVAC systems in buildings.
- To present descriptions of various system and equipment options.
- To offer guidelines for system and equipment selection.
- Introduction: Sustainability and Economics
- Introduction to HVAC
- HVAC Delivery System
- Cooling Production Equipment and Systems
- Heating Production Equipment and Systems
- Air-Handling Equipment and Systems
- Piping Equipment and Systems
- Group discussion and Course wrap-up
Who Should Attend
Architectures • Design and Project Engineers and Technologists • Facility Managers • Consultants Mechanical Engineers and Technologists • Maintenance and Operation Personnel and Other Technical Personnel Who Need To Upgrade/Refresh Their Current Knowledge of HVAC Systems in Buildings.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW