Welding Defects Tolerance VS Main Construction Codes
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify causes of weld defects
- Understand the welding defects tolerances of each standard
- Understand why the tolerances vary for the same welding defect depending on the type of equipment, its position, orientation, etc.
Welding defects are the result of poor control of the essential and non-essential welding main variables described in the welding procedure specification. However, are all welding defects unacceptable by the chosen standards of construction? Yes, under certain limits.
This course will explain why some welding defects can be accepted, and at the same time reduce the costs of non-quality weld seams. This course will focus on the differences between each of the different construction standard philosophies and clarify why the same defect is at times accepted and/or rejected.
- Welding defects discussion based on the a few standards
- Visual inspection requirements
- Porosities, undercuts, cracks, reinforcement, overlap, arc strike, spatters and high and low
Who should attend:
Engineers • Professionals in the Field • Inspectors • Welders • Technicians • Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW