Subdivision Design, Review, Approvals and Development
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Assess, analyze, design, and evaluate subdivisions from all perspectives
- Apply the fundamentals of real estate, recognize the needs of the Developer, evaluate financing and financials, identify the range of consultants and external professionals, as well as distinguish Regulatory/Approving Agency expectations, needs and requirements
- Navigate the regulatory framework and approvals processes with ease
- Evaluate the effects of provincial policy, legislation, local regulations and grants, incentives and initiatives on your potential projects
Subdivision and Development is a multi-disciplinary adventure involving enormous funds and resources, and remains an approval quagmire: we will pull back the curtain and evaluate the process from all sides.
Bringing together experts from all sides of the process, this two-day course will explore: the fundamentals of subdivision development, design, review, approvals and development. It will also introduce some of the changes in the plan review process, legislation that governs the subdivision of land, development charges, and new incentives and initiatives.
Our Instructor will discuss aspects of the subdivision development process including: the changes in the planning framework, market studies, smart growth, wide shallow versus conventional lots, how to keep lots affordable, environmental issues, procedures for seeking approval, as well as engineering design, and alternative development standards.
- Land Development Business - A Developer’s Perspective and A Municipality’s Perspective
- Planning Process
- Consulting Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Site Plan Application
- Case Study
- Cost of Development
- Development Financing
- Engineering Design Process
- Engineering Development Standards
- Functional Servicing Requirements
- Water, Wastewater, Drainage
- Watershed Management
- Traffic Implications of Land Development
- Registration, Sales and Marketing, Construction and Completion
Who Should Attend:
Land Use Planning and Engineering Consultants • Developers • Lenders • Development Engineering Project Managers • Surveyors • Accountants • Investors and Property Managers Both In The Private and Public Sectors • Real Estate Agents • Municipal Planning Officials • Development Review and Approvals Personnel • Technicians and Technologists • Water Resources Managers • Environmental Engineers • Traffic Engineers and Business Administrators Concerned With Real Estate Development.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW