Subdivision Design, Review, Approvals and Development
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate, understand, prepare, apply and review subdivisions from all aspects;
- Change your perspective to understand the fundamentals of real estate, needs of the Developer, financing and financials, range of consultants and external professionals, as well as the Regulatory/Approving Agency expectations, needs and requirements;
- Navigate the regulatory framework and approvals processes with ease;
- Evaluate the effects of provincial policy, legislation, and local regulations on your potential projects;
- Ensure you are engaging the right professionals at the right time in order to maximize effectiveness and efficiency, but not getting ahead of what is needed;
- Understand the key players and stakeholders, in order to work most effectively with all involved;
- Keep your process and application compliant and legal;
- Apply sensitivity analysis to shock-proof applications from delays and schedule adjustments;
- Learn about incentives, changes, and initiatives that may benefit your application.
Subdivision and Development is a multi-disciplinary adventure involving enormous funds and resources, and remains an approval quagmire: we will pull back the curtain and evaluate the process from all sides.
Time is money and timing of land assembly or land development is one of the most important factors in the development industry. A successful Developer must be ready to meet the demand for new housing as the pressure on the housing market increases. A successful Approving Agency will understand the financial impact of quality and value-added development, and expedite those that provide real benefit. The Developer and Approving Agency both are subject to external influences and forces, that the other has not understood: until now.
Bringing together experts from all sides of the process, this course will explore: the fundamentals of subdivision development, design, review, approvals and development. It will also introduce some of the changes in the plan review process, legislation that governs the subdivision of land, development charges, and new incentives and initiatives.
Instructors will discuss aspects of the subdivision development process including: the changes in the planning system, market studies, smart growth, wide shallow versus conventional lots, how to keep lots affordable, environmental issues, procedures for seeking approval, as well as engineering design, and alternative development standards.
- To provide a refresher for real estate professionals, consulting engineers, planners, developers, consultants, and those who intend to enter the field to become familiar with the new processes.
- To provide municipal officials and government reviewers with a different perspective on how to achieve government priorities, help keep development affordable, and facilitate housing.
Who Should Attend:
Land use planning and engineering consultants, developers, lenders, development engineering project managers, surveyors, accountants, investors and property managers both in the private and public sectors, real estate agents, municipal planning officials, development review and approvals personnel, technicians and technologists, water resources managers, environmental engineers, traffic engineers, and business administrators concerned with real estate development.
The course content and the example projects have been chosen to be of value both to individuals without any previous development experience, as well as persons who are involved in the real estate development field.REQUEST ON-SITE Quote
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW