Drinking Water Treatment, Principles and Practices
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Characterize water and identify water types
- Recognize the types of water contaminants and identify the treatment processes and methods for their removal
- Remove suspended solids and colloids, dissolved and particulate organic matter, metals and contaminating inorganic substances from water by conventional and advanced treatment processes
- Recognize the operation principles of conventional and advanced drinking water treatment systems
- Apply your knowledge to select and design appropriate treatment processes for the production of high-quality drinking water
This course discusses the principles and practices of water treatment for removing organic and inorganic contaminants leading to drinking water production. It addresses the types of pollutants in water and the operation principles and applications of conventional and advanced drinking water treatment processes.
These processes include coagulation-flocculation, sedimentation and clarification, filtration, precipitation, ion exchange, adsorption, disinfection and membrane processes. Examples of conventional and modern drinking water treatment plants will be presented.
- Water resources, hydrology, water pollutants and chemical concepts
- Coagulation and flocculation
- Sedimentation and clarification
- Chemical precipitation
- Water softening
- Ion exchange
- Membrane processes
- Disinfection processes
- Drinking water treatment plants
Who Should Attend:
Facility/Utility Engineers, Consulting Engineers, Technicians and Technologists, Municipal Planners, Plant Managers, Plant Operating personnel, and anyone interested in learning about drinking water chemistry and treatment approachesREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW