Municipal Construction Inspection
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the key competencies of the municipal construction inspector
- Be familiar with the most common concrete and asphalt deficiencies
- Understand the various materials, installation techniques, testing of sewers and watermains
- Understand the regulations/requirements for commissioning watermains
- Identify and assess hazards on an active construction site and gain the skills required to access these hazards, including trenching and excavation, and traffic control and protection
A municipal construction inspector is the representative of the municipality. The job requires a fair amount of technical knowledge and tactfulness in dealing with contractors and engineers as well as with residents affected by the construction.
This workshop will enable you to understand the key competencies, roles and responsibilities of an inspector on a municipal linear construction project. Using a practical approach, learn how to carry out your job to satisfy all parties to the best interest of the owner/municipality.
- Concrete and asphalt, materials, placement and quality assurance
- Watermain installation, materials, appurtenances, testing and commissioning
- Sewer installation, materials, placement and quality assurance
- Roles and responsibilities
- Construction safety
- Traffic control
- Environmental considerations
- Use of manual and audit issues
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those employees who represent the municipality on a construction project, including: Site Inspectors • Construction Inspectors • Field Engineers • Civil and Public Works Technologists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW