Municipal Construction Inspection
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the role and key competencies of the municipal construction inspector
- Be familiar with the requirements of curb, sidewalk and road construction
- Understand the various materials, installation techniques required for construction of sewers and watermains
- Identify and assess health and safety hazards on an active construction sites and gain the skills required to access these hazards, including trenching and excavation, and traffic control
A municipal construction inspector is the representative of the municipality. The job requires technical knowledge and the ability to deal with others such as contractors, engineers and the public in a professional manner.
This workshop will enable you to understand the key competencies, roles and responsibilities of an inspector on a municipal linear construction project. Using a practical approach, learn how to carry out your job to satisfy all parties to the best interest of the owner/municipality.
- Review of roles and responsibilities of inspectors
- Review of concrete and asphalt, materials, placement and quality assurance when used for curb, sidewalk and road construction projects
- Watermain installation, materials, appurtenances, testing and commissioning
- Sewer installation, materials, placement and quality assurance
- Roles and responsibilities of others involved with the projects
- Construction safety
- Use of manuals and awareness of key audit issues
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those employees who represent the municipality on a construction project, including: Site Inspectors • Construction Inspectors • Field Engineers • Civil and Public Works Technologists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW