Municipal Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Engineers
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the design philosophy for various infrastructure assets
- Correlate to technical terms used by designers and technical staff working in municipal engineering
- Identify the general differences between municipal engineering in rural and urban systems
This practical course will help you understand municipal engineering fundamentals so that you can make informed decisions. Participate in this non-technical overview of the fundamental concepts, methods, and vocabulary of municipal engineering. The course syllabus is customized for challenges associated with work environment of Alberta.
This course addresses the methods municipal engineers use to design facilities and select materials; how municipal engineers use certain design standards; and how key municipal systems interact.
- Challenges of Managing Urban Infrastructure
- How Streets, Water and Sewer Work Together
- Roadway construction and Maintenance
- Snow removal and roadway maintenance
- Projecting Water Demand
- Water Treatment Planning and Supply
- Sanitary Sewerage
- Project Capacity and Facility Planning
- Treatment Processes, Collection Systems
- Drainage System Design and Flood Control
Who Should Attend?
Designed specifically for non-engineers operating in the municipal engineering environment, this course will benefit:
Planners • City managers • Municipal finance officers • Economic development professionals • Public safety officials • City and county executives and staff
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW