Pavement Design & Construction of Municipal Roadways in Eastern Canada
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Use practical knowledge for rehabilitating municipal roadways
- Understand the basic parameters required to complete pavement designs
- Select the appropriate pavement type and rehabilitation strategy by considering relevant factors
- Identify pavement distresses and the appropriate treatments based on current best practices
- Apply your understanding of specification requirements to field inspections
Pavement design and construction in densely populated urban environments can be complicated, and engineers must consider associated features such as curbs and gutters, utilities, and private and commercial entrances. Effective municipal pavement engineers should have a fundamental understanding of roadway design constraints and be able to select the appropriate pavement rehabilitation treatment that is not only cost effective, but also considerate of future needs.
The course will cover available pavement rehabilitation treatments, as well as new pavement design and construction options, including flexible, rigid, and composite pavement types. This course will also review pavement related construction specifications and highlight key features that are critical during construction inspection.
- Assessment of existing roadways
- Pavement design tools
- Pavement rehabilitation alternatives
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Design details: asphalt and concrete pavements
- Design specifications
- Construction preparation
- Construction inspection: asphalt and concrete
- Innovative materials and processes
Who Should Attend:
Those involved in the assessment, design and construction of municipal roadways, including:
Pavement Engineers • Civil Technicians and Technologists • Engineering Consultants • Design Engineers • Construction Inspectors • Contractor Super-intendents
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW