Sanitary Landfill - Leachate and Gas Management
After participating in this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify factors that impact landfill site selection, design, operation and management
- Learn the criteria used in the design, implementation and management of landfills
- Review the design implementation process for landfills
- Develop an understanding of the functions of cover and liner systems
- Reduce risk of contaminant release
The management of landfill sites is becoming an ever challenging task. Impact of leachate from landfills on groundwater quality is a major concern from public health, environmental and regulatory perspectives. Additional concerns arise due to gas migration which can result in odours, the escape of combustible gases, and landfill stability and settlement issues. To avoid such issues, the designer and landfill manager must thoroughly understand the mechanisms of protection, movement, monitoring and control of leachate and gas.
This course focuses on optimizing the performance of landfills from design to post-closure phases, and deals comprehensively with the topics of great concern to landfill designers and managers.
- Basic concepts of solid waste management
- Regulatory framework for landfill design
- Leachate management and disposal
- Design of liner and cover systems
- Contaminant transport modelling
- Leachate and gas collection systems
- Operation, monitoring and management
Who Should Attend:
This course would be beneficial to those who are involved in the design, operation and management of sanitary landfills, including:
Solid Waste Managers • Environmental and Municipal Engineers • Landfill Managers • Consultants • Regulatory personnel • Technicians
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW