Thermal Energy Recovery and Climate Change in Waste Management System
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and identify waste management options for energy recovery including key thermal processes.
- Characterize waste incineration in terms of environmental emissions including greenhouse gases (GHGs).
- Devise a basic systematic approach for GHG emissions and offsets from thermal processes in waste management.
- Understand fundamentals of national and international frameworks on carbon emission of energy recovery through waste incineration.
This one-day course is designed as an introduction to thermal processes in waste management systems and their interaction with carbon emission and climate change. Various technical, environmental and regulatory aspects are introduced briefly.
- Overview of waste management processes
- Thermal processes in waste management
- Global evolution in waste management
- Thermal processes and climate change
- Incineration, pyrolysis and gasification
- Energy recovery rates for waste streams
- Environmental, social and economic aspects
- Government and international carbon regulating organizations
- Intergovernmental panel on climate change guidelines
Who Should Attend:
Intermediate and Upper Management in Governmental and Private Sector dealing with Waste Management, particularly Thermal Processes, including but not limited to Incineration • Technicians and Engineers in Environmental Engineering
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW