Upgrading Road Inspection and Maintenance Skills
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Prepare preventive maintenance programs for your roads
- Prioritize pavement maintenance and rehabilitation needs within your budget
- Take action to mitigate distress such as rutting and potholes
- Preserve bituminous pavement using thin surface treatments
- Identify best construction practices for construction asphalt/concrete roads/sidewalks
The condition of our roads and highways greatly contributes to the overall vitality of the economy. By improving ride quality, extending pavement life and ensuring safety, effective pavement preventive maintenance programs will help to allow people and goods to move safely and ensure that our road network remains in good condition.
This workshop outlines the concept of a coordinated preventive maintenance and how it may be integrated into a framework of pavement and asset management for municipal agencies. The course provides details on common preventive maintenance techniques that upgrade your road inspection and maintenance skills. Emphasis is placed on practical construction and contract inspection techniques and products that are effective and improve pavement life.
- Defining Levels of Service for Pavement Maintenance Management
- Timely Preventive Maintenance
- Identifying Maintenance Needs
- Pavement Distress Inspection Techniques
- Maintenance Needs Programming
- Repair Methods, Techniques and Construction Details
- Warranties and Specifications
- Construction Inspection and Testing for Asphalt and Concrete Paving/Sidewalks
- Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
Who Should Attend
Municipal and Consulting Engineers • Technologists • Supervisory Construction Personnel •Supervise Field Maintenance Operations
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW