Feb 23 - May 3, 2019 /
Course Code: BS-10-W19
Classes run : 8:00 AM - 11:50 AMREGISTER NOW
Here are some of the topics that will be covered in this course:
- Thermodynamic states of simple systems
- the laws of thermodynamics
- equilibrium, PVT and other thermodynamic diagrams
- equation of state
- compressibility charts and steam tables
- calculation of property changes
- applications of thermodynamics, cycles, reversibility
- thermodynamics of phase changes, Gibbs phase rule, gas-vapour mixtures
Suggested Reading Materials
Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach, Third Edition
Y.A. Cengel and M.A. Boles. WCB McGraw-Hill, 1998.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to help Internationally Educated Engineers not only prepare for their Confirmatory Professional Engineering Exams and earn their Professional Engineering Licenses (P.Eng.) in Canada but also expand and keep their knowledge up-to-date. The subject materials are also great for practicing professionals who want to refresh or upgrade their knowledge and keep up to date.
TUTORING ON THIS SUBJECT
You can receive one-on-one tutoring on this subject if you only need to review a few key areas with our knowledgeable instructors. EPIC provides these sessions on a per hour basis and they can be provided online or any other agreed meeting point.
For more information on this service please contact us.
All EPIC's Licensing Program courses provide invaluable resources and aid to students who need to take engineering exams across Canada. These preparation courses are valid for the following engineering associations:
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of Manitoba (APEGM)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB)
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL)
- Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia (APENS)
- Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists (NAPEG)
- PEO - Professional Engineers Ontario
- Association of Professional Engineers of Prince Edward Island (APEPEI - PEI Engineers)
- Ordre des Ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon (APEY)
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Fee & Credits
$1095 + taxesRegister
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts