Bridge and Culvert OSIM Inspection II
Oct 3 - 4, 2019 /
Course Code: 10-1046-2369
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the duties and responsibilities of an inspector and define inspection concepts, including personal and public safety issues associated with inspections
- Identify inspection equipment needs for various types of structures and site conditions
- Describe, identify, quantify, evaluate and document the various components and deficiencies that can exist on structure components and elements
- Describe inspection methods and locations for common concrete, steel, and timber structures
- Demonstrate how to field inspect, evaluate and document common elements in the OSIM format
This course is designed to provide you with the necessary fundamentals required to undertake and complete an OSIM inspection. This course continues with the concepts of bridge inspection, bridge functions, and bridge inspection terminology. You will gain knowledge in bridge components and elements, inspection preparations, inspection reporting activities, and documentation.
- Basis for bridge inspection
- Inspector responsibilities
- Systematic inspection procedure
- Structure maintenance, repair and rehabilitation
- Structure management systems
- OSIM manual tables: categorize structures and components
- Perform element quantity calculations
- Material vs. performance defects
- Identify material and performance defects
Who Should Attend:
Civil and Municipal Engineers • Structural Designers • Engineers in Training • Project Managers • Public Works Personnel • Engineering Consultants
Special Features & Requirements
All participants must have completed Bridge and Culvert OSIM Inspection I OR have resume approved by the instructor, to ensure knowledge/experience is suitable for this level II course (e-mail your resume to: email@example.com).
This training has been developed for municipal and provincial employees and consultants involved in inspecting bridges or in charge of a bridge inspection programs. The course is also useful for bridge engineers involved in the rating and evaluation of existing structures. A background in bridge engineering is strongly recommended.
8:30 Seminar begins
There is a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshments and networking break each morning and afternoon.
Part 1 – Introduction (am)
- Course overview and legislation
Part 2 – OSIM manual - (am)
- Go through to parts I to V of the OSIM manual
- Understand the various tables and procedures outlined in the OSIM manual
- Perform examples for rating of performance and material defects
Part 3 – OSIM manual - continued (pm)
André is responsible for the structural analysis, design, inspection and rehabilitation of bridges for municipal, provincial and federal authorities where he incorporates various types of innovative rehabilitation techniques and materials. Notable projects include the rehabilitation of concrete interchanges and major water crossings using external post-tensioning and fiber-reinforced polymers.
André is also responsible for the design of major transportation infrastructure projects with a focus on bridge design and constructability. He has also performed the structural design of large hydroelectric projects that include steel and concrete powerhouses as well as concrete waterworks. He serves as technical advisor and guest lecturer to McGill University’s Faculty of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics. André holds a Bachelors of Civil Engineering and a Masters of Engineering from McGill University and also attended Denmark Technical University in Copenhagen.
To be announced
Although the venue is not officially confirmed, EPIC courses are generally held at the following location(s):
EPIC Learning Center
5670 McAdam Rd
Mississauga ON L4Z 1T2
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga
100 Traders Boulevard
Mississauga ON L4Z 2H7
Please confirm with EPIC that the venue has been officially confirmed before making any reservations or travel arrangements.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$1495 + taxesFee after August 23, 2019:
$1695 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- EPIC courses qualify for ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts