Construction Safety Management
Apr 4 - 5, 2023 /
Course Code: 13-0401-ONL23
This course is held online over 2 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Learn what the occupational law is and how to operate effectively
- Get insights to both the occupational health and safety laws
- Achieve confidence in providing the safest possible working environment for works on the construction and maintenance projects
- Enhance your skills in managing health and safety
Most Construction professionals, including safety personnel will benefit from this seminar by understanding that safety performance is good business, and increasingly a condition of contract set by clients and owners of major facilities. By understanding that safety is not one size fits all and is an indicator of management system effectiveness of the contracting organization, construction contractors can apply the resources to ensure safety effort is appropriate to the circumstance. The same causal factors that cause safety incidents and injuries also cause cost and schedule incidents.
The construction phase of a project is only one part of a project. Safety involvement and understanding of the other parts of a project management process has great impact on setting up the construction phase for success.
- Regional Understanding of Locations, Labor Market, Supply, Competence and Capability
- The Key Front-End Work to Ensure Effective Safety Management is Included in the Construction Project Execution Plan
- Project Safety Planning, Integration, and Implementation
- Project Commissioning
Who Should Attend:
Those with Responsibilities for Construction Safety •Construction Leadership who are Accountable for Project Success and Safety Professionals who will Support the Construction Safety Effort •Project Sponsors • Project Directors •Project Engineers, •Project Managers, •Construction Management •Front Line Supervision and Safety Professionals.
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Day 1 (10 am to 6 pm Eastern Time)
Welcome, Introduction, Course Preview, Learning Outcomes, and Assessment Method
- Construction safety
- Management versus leadership
- Maslow, Hawthorne, Milgram, Herzberg, Daniels, Petersen, Merrow
- Behavioral Science
- Normalization of deviance, power of authority, risk vs reward, risk tolerance and perception
Regional Understanding of Locations, Labor Market, Supply, Competence and Capability
- The physical location
- Remoteness, Infrastructure
- Human resources
- Political, legal, regulatory environment, compliance, due diligence, cultural considerations, competition for labor
The Key Front-End Work to Ensure Effective Safety Management is Included in the Construction Project Execution Plan
- Client/owner role experience and involvement
- Alignment of project objectives, work processes, regulatory due diligence
- Construction execution
- Desired project behaviors
- Vision, principles, a desired project culture
- Safe and efficient handover of construction systems to commissioning and start up teams
Day 2 (10 am to 6 pm Eastern Time)
Project Safety Planning, integration, and Implementation
- Develop a Project safety plan that integrates owner, contractor, subcontractor, labor market, project organization, worksite definition, roles and responsibilities, best practices, industry standards
- Project policies, prequalification requirements, safety performance expectations, fitness for work requirements, documentation and recordkeeping
- Incident investigation and learning, orientation and training, safety communication, hazard management, safe work practices and procedures, safe work permitting,
- Emergency response and preparedness, health and wellness, occupational hygiene, environmental management
- contractor safety plan development guidelines, and approval reviews
- Construction Commissioning and Preparation
- System Turnover Prior to completion
- System Turnover after completion
- Introduction of Energy
- Pre-Start Up Safety Reviews
Dr. Sina Varamini is the Director of Pavements and Materials group at Engtec Consulting Inc. He has more than 10 years of experience working closely with different stakeholders within the road and airfield construction industry in development and implementation of pavement solutions. Dr. Varamini expertise cover all aspects of pavements, including design of new and rehabilitated pavement structures (highways, airfields, and seaports), construction, instrumentation, condition assessments, structural evaluation, subsurface investigations, and forensic evaluation, as well as the development of asset management programs.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1295 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE