Project Delivery with Autodesk Revit - Structure - Intermediate
Feb 11, 16 2022 /
Course Code: 11-0248-ONL21
This course is held over two days from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Eastern) with 2 - 15 Minute Breaks and 1 Hour Lunch Break.
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Transition the concept Revit model into a documentation model up to LOD350
- Advanced structural modeling techniques for document development
- Comprehend and apply best practice techniques to audit the model and ensure concise drawing development, ie; Lintel plans, Bracing elevations, Framing Plans
- Understand the principles of multi-discipline collaboration techniques and industry best practices
- Utilize enhanced modeling design techniques for design iterations
- Ensure room and area quantities are developed adhering to BOMA standards
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is no longer an emerging idea. It has solidified itself as the future of delivering projects in the AEC industry, and is being requested by an increasing number of clients.
Autodesk Revit is the most common BIM authoring tool in North America. As more of the industry moves towards working with BIM, it will be vital to not only have advanced skills using Revit, but also know how to best leverage it on projects. In this intermediate course, you will continue to develop and advance your skills in Revit, providing you with the ability to confidently deliver project documentation.
- Sheet creation and development
- Schedules and Graphical Column Schedules
- Step Footing condition modeling
- Structural Annotation
- Detail development for structural Reinforcement
- Content Creation for custom structural conditions
- Structural modelling for Analysis
- Documenting Phases of construction
- Presentation techniques
Who Should Attend:
- Principals, Owners
- Structural Engineers
- Project Managers
- Architectural Technologist/Technicians
Please note having Revit installed is highly recommended when taking this course. You can download a 30-day free trial version by visiting the URL below:
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.caMore Information
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Schedule – 2 Days - 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Add views to a sheet
- Renumber, rename and edit other sheet parameters
- Create model-based schedules in Revit
- Develop material quantity take-off schedules
- Structural tags placement and control techniques
- AutoCAD Integration
- Link AutoCAD into Revit for backgrounds and details
- Export Revit views and sheets to AutoCAD
- Issuing Deliverables
- Print sheets to PDF
- Create Revisions and add them to sheets
- Cloud and tag changes
- Schedules and Legends
- Graphical Column Schedules
- Model Data Schedules
- Legend Creation
- Content Creation
- Develop 3D geometry for families
- Add custom parameters
- Custom foundation and structural elements
- Reinforcement modeling and documentation techniques
- Progress review
- DWF markup overlays
- Coordination views
- Retrofit project workflow
- Working with multiple Phases in a project
- Phase graphic overrides and filters
- Analytical Model review and Audit – for analysis
- Animated walkthroughs
- Rendering techniques
Luis Navarrete is a Building Information modeling expert with over 18+ years working within the AEC sector and 15+ years experience with design technologies related to BIM. Luis Navarrete worked as an adjunct professor at George Brown College within the Architectural Studies program where he helped develop and enhanced the Revit studio & BIM lecture classes taught to third year graduates of Architectural Technology and Interior Design Technology.
Mr. Navarrete has also lead a BIM Implementation as Director of Design Technology for NORR ensuring a consistent and up to date use of BIM across various regions in Canada, U.S, UK and UAE. Mr. Navarrete provides consulting services providing strategic and technical guidance for firms utilizing BIM within the Architecture and Engineering sectors. He supports projects delivered with BIM workflows in Waste Water Management, Transportation, Low Rise residential &Multi-Level and projects delivered for a large automotive client in Canada.
Professor Navarrete is a certified Autodesk Revit Expert who is engaged in the most current use of BIM workflows with various firms engaged with him. He has supported and managed various projects using Revit Arch, Revit Struct, Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM360, Clarity, Codebook, Enscape, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Dynamo and other BIM platforms which will expose students to the latest trends and best practices used by industry leaders today.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1050 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE