Revit Architecture - Advanced
Feb 2, 2021 /
Course Code: 11-0254-ONL21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- How to apply Phases of construction to the Revit model
- How to use Design Options for variable model designs in the same environment
- Understand the file extensions of customized Revit content
- Develop custom geometry with an in depth look at all the form and void tools
- Understand the process of building types within family elements
- Best practices for component use and library management
- Understand the Revit family editor environment to create any component required
- How to edit existing components loaded into a project
- How to create a custom component
- Best practices in the parametric relationships between geometry and types
- Create components that can be easily used and edited by project members
The next learning curve in the implementation and execution of Autodesk Revit is understanding the concepts and methods of custom content creation. This session will focus on the development of customized families with parametric capabilities. Best practices and industry standards will be discussed and explained. Phasing will also be covered to allow students the ability to assign variable project phases to model elements allowing for Phasing drawing creation. Variable designs are also another important aspect of the early project development for Architects and designers.
Revit has built in tools that allow for various design options within the same model environment. These tools will be explained and shown in real world scenarios.
Schedule - 1 Day -10:00am-5:00pm
- Applying Phases for existing modeling, demolition, and proposed design drawings
- Use the Design Options tools for variable model layouts
- Component Geometry - Forms, Voids
- Understanding the family editor environment
- Import and modify families to projects
- Best practices for family creation and management
Who Should Attend
- Principals, Owners
- Structural Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Architectural Technologist/Technicians
- Interior Designers
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.ca
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
This course is held over 1 day, 10:00am-5:00pm Eastern. *********************************************************************************
Schedule - 1 Day 10am - 5pm Eastern
- Starting new family
- File extensions explained
- Navigating Family Editor
- Using Ref Planes
- Creating Parameters
- Creating editing Forms & Voids
- Best Practices of family creation and control
- Develop Model Phases for construction timelines
- Assign phases to model information
- Develop drawings for Existing, Demolition, New Proposed designs
Luis Navarrete is a Building Information modeling expert with over 18+ years working within the AEC sector and 15+ years experience with design technologies related to BIM. Luis Navarrete worked as an adjunct professor at George Brown College within the Architectural Studies program where he helped develop and enhanced the Revit studio & BIM lecture classes taught to third year graduates of Architectural Technology and Interior Design Technology.
Mr. Navarrete has also lead a BIM Implementation as Director of Design Technology for NORR ensuring a consistent and up to date use of BIM across various regions in Canada, U.S, UK and UAE. Mr. Navarrete provides consulting services providing strategic and technical guidance for firms utilizing BIM within the Architecture and Engineering sectors. He supports projects delivered with BIM workflows in Waste Water Management, Transportation, Low Rise residential &Multi-Level and projects delivered for a large automotive client in Canada.
Professor Navarrete is a certified Autodesk Revit Expert who is engaged in the most current use of BIM workflows with various firms engaged with him. He has supported and managed various projects using Revit Arch, Revit Struct, Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM360, Clarity, Codebook, Enscape, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Dynamo and other BIM platforms which will expose students to the latest trends and best practices used by industry leaders today.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$695 + taxes
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 7 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE