Revit Architecture - Fundamentals
Apr 9, 16, 23, 30, 2021 - Half Day Sessions /
Course Code: 11-0455-ONL21
This course is held over (4) 1/2 day sessions, 1:00pm-4:30pm Eastern.
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of building Information modeling principles used by industry
- Develop an understanding of model navigation and development within the Autodesk Revit platform
- Become familiar with the tools required to develop a design intent model for document development
- Understand the concepts and best practices for model development and collaboration using Autodesk Revit
Autodesk Revit has become a predominant design tool used by Architects and Engineers within the AEC industry. The use of Revit has become an integral part of Building Information Modeling projects where model development, Integration amongst the various discipline and model delivery for construction and management are now commonly using BIM workflows and deliverables.
Students will be exposed to the use of this platform to gain a competitive advantage and be able to maintain an industry accepted method of project design and documentation deliverables.
- Principles of Building Information Modelling
- Revit Interface for model development
- View creation and navigation for model control
- Best practices in starting a Revit project
- Model standards and File Management protocols
- Component control and modification for design intent
- Presentation tools for early conceptual and Schematic Design criteria
- Understanding of Revit Database
- Overview of worksharing environments with multiple users accessing the same model in real time.
Who Should Attend
- Principals, Owners
- Structural Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Architectural Technologist/Technicians
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Designers
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.ca
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
- BIM Concepts and Industry standards overview
- Revit Interface
- Model navigation
- View Management
- Drafting techniques
- Modeling techniques for Walls
- Basic Walls, Stacked Walls, Curtain Wall systems
- Custom wall assemblies
- Model development with Floors, Slabs, Sloping conditions
- Ceiling Placement control and modification
- Work-sharing model environments overview and project workflows
- Roof design and component control
- Circulation elements - Stairs Design, Ramp Design
- Component library navigation and access for model development
Jason Seifert is a Building Information Modeling expert with over 18+ years working within the AEC sector and 15+ years experience with design technologies related to BIM. Working as buildingSMART Manager for HOK and developing and implementing the use of BIM across various regions in Canada, U.S, UK and UAE, he provides consulting services providing strategic and technical guidance for firms utilizing BIM within the Architecture and Engineering sectors. Jason supports projects delivered with BIM workflows in Hospitals, Transportation, Multi-Level residential and projects delivered for a large automotive client.
Jason Siefert is a certified Autodesk Revit Expert who is engaged in the most current use of BIM workflows with various firms engaged with him. He has supported and managed various projects using Revit Arch, Revit Struct, Revit MEP, dRofus, Navisworks, BIM360, Clarity, Codebook, Enscape, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Dynamo and other BIM platforms which will expose students to the latest trends and best practices used by industry leaders today.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1495 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
OTHER UPCOMING DATES
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE