Revit Structural - Intermediate
February 22 & 26, 2021 /
Course Code: 11-0252-ONL21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Transition the concept Revit model into a documentation model up to LOD350
- Advanced structural modeling techniques for document development
- Comprehend and apply best practice techniques to audit the model and ensure concise drawing development, ie; Lintel plans, Bracing elevations, Framing Plans
- Understand the principles of multi-discipline collaboration techniques and industry best practices
- Utilize enhanced modeling design techniques for design iterations
- Ensure room and area quantities are developed adhering to BOMA standards
Autodesk Revit has become a predominant design tool used by Architects and Engineers within the AEC industry. The use of Revit has become an integral part of Building Information Modeling projects where model development, Integration amongst the various discipline and model delivery for construction and management are now commonly using BIM workflows and deliverables.
Students will be exposed to the use of this platform to gain a competitive advantage and be able to maintain an industry accepted method of project design and documentation deliverables.
- Continuation from topics of fundamental training
- Sheet creation and development
- Schedules and Graphical Column Schedules
- Step Footing condition modeling
- Structural Annotation
- Detail development for structural Reinforcement
- Content Creation for custom structural conditions
- Structural modelling for Analysis
- Documenting Phases of construction
- Presentation techniques
Who Should Attend
- Principals, Owners
- Structural Engineers
- Project Managers
- Architectural Technologist/Technicians
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.ca
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
This course is held over 2 days, 10:00am-5:00pm Eastern. *********************************************************************************
Schedule - 2 Days - 10:00am - 5:00pm Eastern
- Topic review form first session and ensure students are fully comfortable with basic model navigation
- Documentation tools
- Annotation, structural tag placement and control techniques
- Importing AutoCAD data
- Sharing Revit data to AutoCAD
- Printing Drawings for issues and deliverables
- Revisions and Issues
- Schedules, Graphical Column Schedules, Legends
- Custom Family creation - custom foundation and structural elements
- Reinforcement modeling and documentation techniques
- Project Management DWF’s in Revit sheet environment
- Phases in models for retrofit & renovation projects
- Analytical Model review and Audit - for analysis
- Rendering techniques - Basic for client/ consultant design review
Luis Navarrete is a Building Information modeling expert with over 18+ years working within the AEC sector and 15+ years experience with design technologies related to BIM. Luis Navarrete worked as an adjunct professor at George Brown College within the Architectural Studies program where he helped develop and enhanced the Revit studio & BIM lecture classes taught to third year graduates of Architectural Technology and Interior Design Technology.
Mr. Navarrete has also lead a BIM Implementation as Director of Design Technology for NORR ensuring a consistent and up to date use of BIM across various regions in Canada, U.S, UK and UAE. Mr. Navarrete provides consulting services providing strategic and technical guidance for firms utilizing BIM within the Architecture and Engineering sectors. He supports projects delivered with BIM workflows in Waste Water Management, Transportation, Low Rise residential &Multi-Level and projects delivered for a large automotive client in Canada.
Professor Navarrete is a certified Autodesk Revit Expert who is engaged in the most current use of BIM workflows with various firms engaged with him. He has supported and managed various projects using Revit Arch, Revit Struct, Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM360, Clarity, Codebook, Enscape, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Dynamo and other BIM platforms which will expose students to the latest trends and best practices used by industry leaders today.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1495 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE