Fire Alarm System Documentation
Mar 4, 2024 /
Course Code: 0314-WEB24
This course is scheduled for 1 day (2 Hours)
10 am-12 pm Eastern
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop an awareness of the documentation requirements for the installation, verification, testing and maintenance of fire alarm systems in Canada
- recognize the requirements in the National Building Code for new construction sites and the National Fire Code for existing buildings on the maintenance of these systems
- discover the requirements of the ULC Standards for installation (ULC S524), verification (ULC 537) and inspection (ULC S536) of these systems.
- enhance your knowledge of the type of reports and documents required.
- identify the type of documents provided by designers, manufacturers and service companies.
- recognize the importance of documents being on-site during the life cycle of fire alarm systems in accordance with the codes and standards
This webinar provides an overview of Fire Alarm System documentation required when systems are designed, installed and maintained in buildings.
Engineers and Designers are required to ensure these documents form part of the System when they are designed and installed in accordance with the National Building Code. Building Owners and Property Managers are required to ensure that these documents form part of the ongoing maintenance of these systems in accordance with the National Fire Code of Canada.
This webinar will provide an overview of the following ULC Standards that are referenced in the National Building and Fire Codes:
- CAN/ULC S524 Standard for the Installation of Fire Alarm Systems;
- CAN/ULC S537 Standard for the Verification of Fire Alarm Systems;
- CAN/ULC S536 Standard for the Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- Codes and Regulations
- Installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- Verification of Fire Alarm Systems
- Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- National Building Code 2020 Edition
- National Fire Code 2020 Edition
Who Should Attend
- Engineers, Architects, Designers and Contractors for newly constructed buildings
- Facility Managers, technicians, property managers and superintendents for existing buildings
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Codes and Regulations
- National Building Code 2020
- National Fire Code 2020
- ULC Standards on Fire Alarm Systems
Installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- ULC S524 Standard requirements
- Plans and Specifications as per the Standard
- Description of systems
- Sequence of Operation
Verification of Fire Alarm Systems
- ULC S537 Standard requirements
- Verification documentation in accordance with the Standard
- Verification reports, system riser diagrams
Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- ULC S536 Standard requirements
- Inspection and testing frequency
- Documents required to be kept on-site
National Building Code 2020 Edition
- Requirements for documentation
- Installation and Verification of fire alarm systems
National Fire Code 2020 Edition
- Requirements for documentation
- Inspection and testing of fire alarm systems
- Maintenance requirements of fire alarm systems
John Percy, Cambridge Fire Department.
John Percy is a certified Canadian Fire Alarm Association Technician (CFAA) for Ontario, public fire & life safety educator and fire prevention officer with the Office of the Fire Marshal. He has over 27 years of experience in the fire protection and fire service industries. He has experience with enforcement of the Ontario Fire & Building codes, fire investigations, education, media relations and building plans examination review. Currently registered (BCIN) as a Fire Protection Inspector with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing in Ontario.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$149 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Continuing Professional Development Hours (PDHs/CPDs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE