Fire Alarm Systems: Codes and Standard Requirements for Installation, Verification and Testing
Oct 4, 2021 /
Course Code: 1001-WEB21
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the codes and standards which govern the proper installation, verification and testing/maintenance of fire alarm systems
- Reference and provide an overview of the National Building and Fire Codes, 2015 edition and the ULC Standards to confirm compliance of fire alarm systems.
- Analysis of Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) Standards:
- CAN/ULC-S524 Standard for the Installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- CAN/ULC-S536 Standard for the Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- CAN/ULC-S537 Standard for the Verification of Fire Alarm Systems
To provide participants with the tools needed to install, verify and test fire alarm systems that meet the National Building and Fire Code 2015 Edition requirements and related Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) standards.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
John Percy is a certified Canadian Fire Alarm Association Technician (CFAA) for Ontario, public fire & life safety educator and fire prevention officer with the Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management. He has over 25 years of experience in the fire protection and fire service industries. He has experience with enforcement of the Ontario Fire & Building codes, fire investigations, education, media relations and building plans examination review. Currently registered (BCIN) as a Fire Protection Inspector with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing in Ontario.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$199 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE