Project Delivery with Autodesk Revit - Electrical - Intermediate
Feb 8, 15 2022 /
Course Code: 12-0242-ONL22
This course is held over two days from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Eastern) with 2 - 15 Minute Breaks and 1 Hour Lunch Break.
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Issue a well developed drawing package to the field
- Collaborate effectively with a large team
- Create custom families for use in production
- Develop and manage electrical systems
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is no longer an emerging idea. It has solidified itself as the future of delivering projects in the AEC industry, and is being requested by an increasing number of clients.
Autodesk Revit is the most common BIM authoring tool in North America. As more of the industry moves towards working with BIM, it will be vital to not only have advanced skills using Revit, but also know how to best leverage it on projects. In this intermediate course, you will continue to develop your skills to effectively deliver a project using Revit.
- Develop a production set and effectively organize it in the project browser
- Manage revisions and issue drawing packages
- Work collaboratively with a team in the same model
- Coordinate modeled elements in 3D
- Create and manage electrical systems
- Develop and modify electrical families
Who Should Attend:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Project Managers
Please note having Revit installed is highly recommended when taking this course. You can download a 30-day free trial version by visiting the URL below:
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.caMore Information
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 AM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Schedule – 2 Days -10:00am– 5:00pm
Sheets and Production
- Develop a well organized production set
- Add Views, Schedules and Legends to a sheet
- AutoCAD Integration
- Link AutoCAD files for backgrounds
- Link typical details from AutoCAD and convert to Revit
Plotting Sheet Sets
- Create Sheets Sets based on package deliverable
- Batch export to PDF and AutoCAD
Document Revisions and Issue Control
- Create revisions in Revit
- Add revisions to sheets
- create revision bubbles on sheets
- Central Models and Local Copies
- Synchronizing models
- Create 3D Coordination Views
- Colour code views to aid visual coordination
- Camera setups in model
- Construction Phasing
- Create multiple phases in a Revit project
- Create Phase Filters and graphic overrides
- Apply pPase Filters to views
- Circuiting Schedules
- Panel Schedules
- Quantity Takeoffs
- Family Creation
- Type, Instance and Shared Paramete
- Modelling and Editing
- Third party families
Patrick Giljanovic is a Professional Electrical Engineer with over 13 years of experience working in the design and construction administration of a wide array of building projects. During this time, Patrick has used Revit almost exclusively to deliver the electrical drawing packages for tender and construction. His first project utilizing the Revit software platform was in 2009. Most notably is his Revit experience to deliver large multi-discipline construction projects such as hospitals and airports. His work experience includes, but is not limited to, leading the electrical design in power, communications, lighting, security, fire alarm and audio-visual systems.
Patrick has over 4 years of experience training engineers and drafters to leverage the capabilities of Revit to produce drawings for the electrical and mechanical disciplines.
Patrick is currently employed as a Senior Project Engineer for Mott MacDonald Canada.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1050 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
OTHER UPCOMING DATES
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE