Revit Electrical - Fundamentals
Mar 18 - 19, 2021 /
Course Code: 11-0359-ONL21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of building Information modeling principles used by industry.
- Develop an understanding of model navigation and development within the Autodesk Revit platform.
- Become familiar with the tools required to develop a design intent model for document development.
- Understand the concepts and best practices for model development and collaboration using Autodesk Revit.
Autodesk Revit has become a predominant design tool used by Architects and Engineers within the AEC industry. The use of Revit has become an integral part of Building Information Modeling projects where model development, Integration amongst the various discipline and model delivery for construction and management are now commonly using BIM workflows and deliverables.
Students will be exposed to the use of this platform to gain a competitive advantage and be able to maintain a practical method of project design and documentation deliverables they will encounter on the job.
Schedule - 2 Days -10:00am-5:00pm
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.ca
- Overview of BIM with respect to electrical focused design
- Revit Interface for model development
- View creation and navigation for model control
- Best practices in starting a Revit project
- Design Standards - Modelling / Drafting
- Using and developing Templates
- Understanding of Revit Database
- Understanding Parameters
- Overview of works haring environments with multiple users accessing the same model in real time.
- Producing deliverables
- Damage Control
Who Should Attend?
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Project Managers
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Schedule - 2 Days - 10:00am - 5:00pm
- BIM Concepts
- Revit Interface
- Model navigation
- Work-sharing model environments overview and project workflows
- View Management
- Drafting techniques
- Modeling techniques for electrical systems
- Notes and Annotations
- Model development
- Electrical systems development
- Revit Families
- Parameters and the Revit Database
- Producing electrical deliverables
- Tender and Construction documentation
- Damage control
Patrick Giljanovic is a professional electrical engineer with over 13 years of experience working in the design and construction administration of a wide array of building projects. During this time, Patrick has used Revit almost exclusively to deliver the electrical drawing packages for tender and construction. Most notably is his Revit experience to deliver large multi-discipline construction projects such as hospitals and airports. His work experience includes, but not limited to, leading the electrical design in power, communications, lighting, security, fire alarm and audio-visual systems.
Patrick has over 4 years of experience training engineers and drafters to leverage the capabilities of Revit to produce drawings for the electrical and mechanical disciplines.
Patrick is currently the Electrical Engineering manager at the Quartek Group in the Niagara Region of Ontario.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1495 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE