Environmental Bioremediation: In situ Technologies for Decontamination of Groundwater
May 18, 2023 /
Course Code: 0505-WEB23
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of groundwater characteristics as well as microbial and environmental conditions controlling groundwater bioremediation processes
- Learn about the technologies that are commonly used during in situ groundwater bioremediation operations
- Evaluate and compare the performances of several in situ technologies used in the bioremediation of groundwater
- Apply your knowledge of various in situ bioremediation technologies to groundwater decontamination projects
This webinar provides information on in situ bioremediation processes for removing contaminants from groundwater without withdrawing groundwater and its transportation from the site. The fundamental site characteristics and the controlling microbial and environmental factors during in situ groundwater bioremediation will be presented. Selected in situ groundwater bioremediation technologies will be discussed, including natural attenuation, air sparging, and bio-barrier technology.
- Overview of environmental bioremediation
- Site characterization for in situ bioremediation of groundwater
- Microbial and environmental factors controlling in situ bioremediation of groundwater
- Natural attenuation
- Air sparging technology
- Biobarrier technology
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers, Geologists and hydrogeologists, Project Managers, Consulting Engineers, Environmental Educators, Environmental Risk Managers, Environmental protection officers, Lawyers, Municipal Planners
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Laleh Yerushalmi is the Chief Technology Officer of BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering and specializes in Environmental and Biochemical Engineering.
She is a professional engineer and member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec. Laleh is the inventor of BioCAST technologies and is currently in charge of research and development at BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. Laleh has more than twenty years of experience in the design, development and optimization of chemical and biological processes for wastewater treatment and site bioremediation.
She was formerly the Director of Research and Development, in charge of operation management and performance optimization of a proprietary wastewater treatment technology at Atara Corporation in Montreal. She has also been a Research Analyst at Statistics Canada, involved in environmental modeling, design and development of methodologies for the estimation of environmental emissions. She was formerly a Research Officer at the National Research Council of Canada, responsible for the design and development of groundwater treatment technologies. Laleh teaches and supervises graduate research theses at McGill and Concordia Universities. She has presented the results of her research in numerous conferences and has published more than ninety articles in scientific journals.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$149 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE