Environmental Bioremediation: In situ Technologies for Decontamination of Soil
May 16, 2023 /
Course Code: 0503-WEB23
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of the soil characteristics relevant to bioremediation processes
- Learn about the technologies that are commonly used during in situ soil bioremediation operations
- Gain knowledge on microbial factors and environmental conditions controlling soil bioremediation processes
- Evaluate and compare the performances of several in situ technologies used in the bioremediation of soil
- Apply your knowledge of various in situ bioremediation technologies to soil decontamination projects
This webinar provides information on the in situ bioremediation processes for the removal of contaminants from soil, without the excavation of soil and its transportation from the site. The fundamental site characteristics and the controlling microbial and environmental factors during in situ bioremediation of soil will be presented. Selected in situ soil bioremediation technologies, including intrinsic bioremediation, biostimulation, bioaugmentation, bioventing and landfarming will be discussed.
- Overview of environmental bioremediation
- Site characterization for in situ bioremediation of soil
- Intrinsic bioremediation
- Biostimulation technology
- Bioaugmentation technology
- Bioventing technology
- In situ landfarming technology
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers, Geologists, Soil Scientists, Project Managers, Consulting Engineers, Environmental Educators, Environmental Risk Managers, Environmental protection officers, Lawyers, Municipal Planners
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Laleh Yerushalmi is the Chief Technology Officer of BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering and specializes in Environmental and Biochemical Engineering.
She is a professional engineer and member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec. Laleh is the inventor of BioCAST technologies and is currently in charge of research and development at BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. Laleh has more than twenty years of experience in the design, development and optimization of chemical and biological processes for wastewater treatment and site bioremediation.
She was formerly the Director of Research and Development, in charge of operation management and performance optimization of a proprietary wastewater treatment technology at Atara Corporation in Montreal. She has also been a Research Analyst at Statistics Canada, involved in environmental modeling, design and development of methodologies for the estimation of environmental emissions. She was formerly a Research Officer at the National Research Council of Canada, responsible for the design and development of groundwater treatment technologies. Laleh teaches and supervises graduate research theses at McGill and Concordia Universities. She has presented the results of her research in numerous conferences and has published more than ninety articles in scientific journals.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$149 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE