Load Calculation for Racking
Oct 17 - 18, 2023 /
Course Code: 14-1053-ONL23
This course is held online over 2 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
9:30 am to 5:30 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- familiarize yourself with various types of racking system
- understand the procedure for load calculation for racking systems
- appreciate the importance of all safety standards
- improve the efficiency of operation procedure
- recognize the benefits of recommended maintenance guidelines
- follow the procedure of inspection of vital elements of the racking system
Storage racks are load-bearing structures that are important for the safe support of the significant weight of valuable products stored above warehouse personnel. To ensure that storage racks are performing at their designed level of safety, proper calculation of the capacity of the racking system has to be performed during the process of design and selection of material.
Also, these structures' well-planned maintenance and routine inspections must be conducted according to provincial occupational health and safety regulations. Personnel dealing with storage racks need the knowledge to identify issues of non-compliance, optimize everyday operations, and make recommendations to minimize potential workplace hazards.
This course is intended to cover all the key topics pertaining to the engineering design, fabrication, and installation of these structures, as well as their inspection and maintenance. The course will include several case studies that will be solved and discussed during workshops.
- Storage racks: types and selection
- Standards and codes
- Design, fabrication and installation
- Calculation of capacity and structural integrity
- Safety in operation and inspection
- Potential failures in the operation
- Maintenance and repair
Who Should Attend
Safety is everyone's responsibility. Training sessions will enable participants to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to identify hazards associated with storage rack systems.
- Warehouse employees
- H&S members
- Facility inspectors
- Maintenance personnel
- Forklift operators
Time: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
- Overview of Types of Racks
- Strategies for Selecting Racks
- Standards and Codes
- Design Principles of Racks and Accessories
- Material Used & Fabrication Technologies
- Calculation of Capacity and Structural Integrity
- Workshop: Case Studies and Solutions
- How to Specify and Order Racks
- Safety in Operation
- Inspection of Racks
- Typical Causes of Rack Failures
- Assessing Damage and Deficiencies
- Maintenance and Corrective Actions - Repair / Replace
- Summary and Conclusions
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is President of UBAMIP Consulting, and also former Adjunct Associate Professor with over 30 years of experience in the field of thermal engineering. After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting, dealing with analysis and problem solving in operation of vital stationary and rotating equipment in the process and petrochemical industry. Mike has also been active in providing training technical courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in industry in Canada, USA and overseas.
His area of expertize among others, includes design, operation and maintenance of various types of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, including pumps and compressors. The focus in the consulting projects has been on the risk assessment during operation and maintenance activities, as well as equipment failure analysis and accident prevention technologies based on the results of inspection and fitness for service studies.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1295 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE