Process Design and Engineering of Gas Processing Plants and Equipment
Oct 7 - 10, 2024 /
Course Code: 15-1007-ONL23
This course is held online over 4 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Calculate, evaluate and compile process data for the specification, design, selection and operation of process equipment
- Possess enhanced skills and knowledge in process engineering, including design methods, criteria, calculation procedures and short-cut techniques
- Perform the evaluation and troubleshooting of existing process equipment, including de-bottlenecking methods
- Evaluate technical proposals and prepare to scope cost estimates
- Prepare comprehensive process specification documents for bid packages
This four-day program is designed to provide a basic understanding and skills in process engineering of gas processing plants and equipment. Participants will familiarize themselves with practical techniques and useful criteria for designing and troubleshooting process equipment commonly used in gas processing plants.
- Fundamental background on natural gas properties and single/multiphase flow factors
- Equipment selection criteria and critical design considerations
- Simplification of the major gas processing procedures, like sweetening, dehydration, and sulphur recovery
- A detailed explanation of plant engineering and design steps for natural gas projects
- Methods to schedule, plan and manage a safe and efficient processing plant
- Conventional and unconventional gas resources such as coal bed methane and shale gas
- Bridges natural gas processing with the basic and advanced engineering design of natural gas projects, including real-world case studies
- Sizing calculations for flare systems, safety relief valves, and control valves
Who Should Attend
Those involved with process engineering, including:
Process Engineers • Mechanical and Equipment Engineers • Project Engineers
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
- Welcome, Introduction, Course Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
- Introduction: Overview of Natural Gas Resources
- Natural Gas Properties
- Single-phase and Multiphase Flow in Natural Gas Production Systems
- Gas-Liquid Separators
- Gas Compressors
- Blow-Down and Flare Systems
- Safety Relive Valves Design
- Sizing of Valve and Control Valve
- Natural Gas Dehydration
- Natural Gas Sweetening
- Sulphur Recovery
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Recovery
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Basic Engineering Design for Natural Gas Processing Projects
- Detailed Engineering and Design for Natural Gas Processing Projects
- Start-up Sequence and Commissioning Procedures
- Questions and Answers, Feedback on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is the President of UBAMIP Consulting and a former Adjunct Associate Professor with over 30 years of experience in thermal engineering. After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting, dealing with analysis and problem-solving in the operation of vital stationary and rotating equipment in the process and petrochemical industry. Mike has also been active in providing training technical courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in the industry in Canada, the USA and overseas.
His expertise, among others, includes the design, operation and maintenance of various types of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, and pumps and compressors. The focus of the consulting projects has been on risk assessment during operation and maintenance activities, as well as equipment failure analysis and accident prevention technologies based on inspection results and fitness for service studies.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$2595 + taxes
- 2.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 28 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE