Heat Exchanger Fundamentals: Specification & Design
Oct 3, 2022 /
Course Code: 1009-WEB22
After completing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Better understand the underlying principles of design of heat exchanger systems
- Make sound decision about the feasibility of application of given system
- Use appropriate procedure for selection and sizing of the elements of the system
- Highlight the fundamentals of heat exchangers, specification and the right selection for the given application.
- Explain the main principles of heat transfer as a prerequisite for the good performance.
- Describe the engineering approach to the design of these systems
- Indicate some of the challenges in the operation of these systems
- Fundamentals of Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow: Choice of Working Fluid
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Configurations (TEMA)
- Major Components of Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers: Tube Bundle and Baffles
- Thermal Design and Effectiveness
- Hydraulic Design: Fluid Flow and Pumping Power Calculation
- Material Selection and Fabrication Techniques
- Specifics of Other Types of Heat Exchangers: Plate Types and Air-Cooled Types
- Performance Validation
- Problems in Operation: Fouling, Scaling, Corrosion and Erosion
- Maintenance and Repairs: Tube Leaking and Re-tubing
- Summary and Conclusions
Who should attend:
- The course is intended for those involved in selecting, procurement, and operation of heat exchangers in various industries,
Project engineers • Process engineers • Mechanical engineers • Plant and Maintenance engineers
- Facilities engineers • Engineering technologists
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is President of UBAMIP Consulting, and also former Adjunct Associate Professor with over 30 years of experience in the field of thermal engineering. After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting, dealing with analysis and problem solving in operation of vital stationary and rotating equipment in the process and petrochemical industry. Mike has also been active in providing training technical courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in industry in Canada, USA and overseas.
His area of expertize among others, includes design, operation and maintenance of various types of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, including pumps and compressors. The focus in the consulting projects has been on the risk assessment during operation and maintenance activities, as well as equipment failure analysis and accident prevention technologies based on the results of inspection and fitness for service studies.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$149 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE