Industrial Piping and Associated Equipment
Jan 26 - 28, 2022 /
Course Code: 12-0107-ONL22
This course is held online over 3 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern (will include usual breaks)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Reference the pipe system codes and standards that may be applicable at your facility
- Apply the fundamentals of pipe flow and pressure drop
- Appreciate the impact of components integral with, and equipment connected to, pipe systems
- Implement cost-effective inspection and maintenance practices associated with pipe systems
Reliable, safe, compliant and economic pipe systems are essential to achieve production requirements of process industries and other facilities. Pipes convey many types of fluids essential to industrial processes and are therefore as important as any single piece of production related equipment. This fact is often overlooked. This course looks at the codes and regulations associated with pipe system design and operation, and outlines load considerations. Design aspects of pipe systems, including components and attached equipment, will be addressed. Several relevant exercises are included in the course.
The course will also discuss inspection and maintenance practices of pipe systems.
- Pipe connections
- Regulations, codes and standards
- Pipe stresses
- Fluid flow in pipes
- Pipe systems
- Filters and strainers
- Equipment attached to pipe systems
- Pipe system instrumentation
- Pipe system inspection and maintenance
Who Should Attend
Mechanical Engineers • Project Engineers • Field Engineers • Mechanical Designers • Plant and Facility Managers • Supervisors • Operations personnel • Technicians • Stationary Engineers • Consultants and Contractors
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
- Overview of Industrial Piping
- Pipe Sizes and Schedules
- Characteristics of Fluids and Flow in Pipes
- Flow Design Diagrams: P & ID and PFD
- Pipe Standards and Codes
- Selection of Pipe Material and Pipe Connections
- Pipe Accessories, Filters, Strainers, Steam Traps
- Control and Safety Valves Technical Features
- Pipe Stresses and Pipe Supports
- Pipe Protection and Insulation
- Problems in Commissioning and Transients
- Inspection of Piping Systems: Internal and External
- Fitness for Service FFS Analysis
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Pressure Vessels and Storage Tanks
- Pumps, Compressors, Fans
- Steam and Gas Turbines
- Heat Exchangers and Boilers
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is President of UBAMIP Consulting, and also a former Adjunct Associate Professor at U of Toronto.
After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting in Waterloo.
Mike has been very active in providing training courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in industry in Canada, USA and overseas.
His area of professional expertise has been the analysis and problem solving in operation of pressure systems, specifically of stationary components such as pressure vessels, storage tanks and piping systems, together with rotating machinery, such as pumps, compressors and turbines, in the process and petrochemical industry.
Technical consulting projects also included design, operation and maintenance of various thermal engineering components, such as heat exchangers and industrial heaters.
The focus in most of the projects has been on the equipment optimization, combined with the risk assessment and failure prevention technologies based on fitness for service studies and remaining life analysis.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$1995 + taxes
- 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 21 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
OTHER UPCOMING DATES
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE