Industrial Piping: Design, Operation and Maintenance
Feb 6 - 8, 2024 /
Course Code: 14-0213-ONL24
This course is held online over 3 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Reference the pipe system codes and standards that may apply to your facility
- Apply the fundamentals for the calculation of pipe flow and pressure drop in the system
- Appreciate the impact of other components integral to the piping system
- Understand the importance of the selection of the pipe material and pipe protection
- Implement cost-effective inspection and maintenance practices associated with pipe systems
Reliable, safe and economical pipe systems are essential to achieve the production requirements of process industries and other facilities. Pipes convey many types of fluids in industrial processes, and it is necessary to be properly designed and maintained in good condition.
This course will discuss relevant codes and standards related to the design and operation of the pipe system, including associated equipment. Best practices for the inspection and maintenance of pipe systems will be explained.
The course will include several workshops with real-life case studies selected from everyday technical practice involving potential problems in operation and corresponding troubleshooting procedures. The problem solutions will be explained and discussed.
- Pipe connections
- Codes and standards for design and operation
- Pipe stresses and mechanical design
- Fluid flow in pipes
- Filters and strainers
- Impact of equipment attached to pipe systems
- System instrumentation
- Inspection and maintenance
Who Should Attend
Mechanical and Process engineers • Project engineers • Field engineers • Plant and facility technicians and operators • Technical personnel responsible for maintenance
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
- Industrial Piping Applications
- Design Standards and Codes
- Material Selection, Fabrication, Procurement
- Mechanical Design of Pipe Systems
- Fluid Flow and Hydraulic Design
- Piping Instrumentation Diagrams: P&ID and PFD
- Workshop: Case Studies
- Pipe Connections: Flanges, Gaskets
- Control Valves and Safety Valves
- Pipe Support Types: Selection and Calculation
- Pipe Stress Analysis
- Pipe Layout Design and Calculation of Flexibility
- Pipe Vibrations caused by Pumps and Compressors
- Workshop: Case Studies
- Pipeline Construction, Installation, Commissioning & Startup
- Pipe Protection & Insulation: Hot Tracing
- Underground Piping
- Problems in Operation and Troubleshooting
- Inspection and Testing of Pipe System: Exterior & Interior
- Fitness for Service Analysis (FFS-API 579)
- Maintenance and Repair Methodology
- Summary and Conclusions
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is the President of UBAMIP Consulting and a former Adjunct Associate Professor with over 30 years of experience in thermal engineering. After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting, dealing with analysis and problem-solving in the operation of vital stationary and rotating equipment in the process and petrochemical industry. Mike has also been active in providing training technical courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in the industry in Canada, the USA and overseas.
His expertise, among others, includes the design, operation and maintenance of various types of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, and pumps and compressors. The focus of the consulting projects has been on risk assessment during operation and maintenance activities, as well as equipment failure analysis and accident prevention technologies based on inspection results and fitness for service studies.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$1995 + taxes
- 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 21 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE