Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Apr 27 - 28, 2023 /
Course Code: 13-0114-ONL23
This course is held online over 2 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
After participating in this course, you will:
- Gain insight into the individual components of an HVAC/R system.
- Understand basic psychrometric terms and applications.
- Understand basic pressure enthalpy terms and how it applies to an HVAC/R system.
- Recognize and decipher energy-efficiency rates like SEER and COP.
- Identify trends in refrigerants being used in new equipment.
- Identify trends in equipment selection being used in single-family and multi-family residential construction.
- Identify proper procedures pertaining to installation, commissioning, and maintenance.
Many building managers, operators, designers and construction people deal with and manage HVAC and refrigeration systems on a daily basis, yet a large number work with these systems without a full appreciation of the design and operating considerations and principles. This seminar is designed to offer practical insight and understanding of the critical factors of these systems that are required for the safe and efficient operation of these highly technical and complex systems.
- Building Envelope Considerations
- Basic HVAC/R System Concepts
- Refrigerant and Pressure v Temperature Relationship
- Major Components: Compressors, Condensers, Evaporators, and Metering Devices
- Pressure Enthalpy: Net Refrigeration Effect – external factors impacting capacity and efficiency.
- Refrigerant Charging, Refrigerant Recovery, and Evacuation.
- Basic Commissioning and Maintenance Requirements
Who Should Attend
Consultants • Facilities • Trained Technical Operators • Professional Personnel Responsible for Designing, Specifying and Maintaining HVAC And Refrigeration • Others Involved in the Retrofit, Installation and Repair of Such Equipment and Systems.
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Day 1 – Building Envelope & HVAC/R Fundamentals
- Indoor conditions
- Outdoor conditions
- Heat and moisture transfer through the envelope
HVAC/R System Equipment & Concepts
- Heating equipment
- Cooling equipment
- Basic cycles and involved components
- Psychrometrics process
Day 2 – AC/R Expanded
- Refrigeration cycle and pressure enthalpy diagrams
- SEER & COP calculations and comparison
- Refrigerant pipe sizing
- Refrigerants in use and future trends
- Environmental impact
- Traditional residential design vs heat pumps and VRF
- Installation, commissioning, and maintenance considerations
Concluding Remarks and Final Adjournment
Dan has developed and instructed HVAC/R courses, seminars, and workshops for over 15 years. He started with a very hands-on approach, working for Emerson as a gas technician and refrigeration mechanic (313A) across Canada. Working for Emerson is where he began teaching end users, technicians, engineers, and everyone in between as the product expert for Liebert Canada.
Dan went on to teach HVAC/R at Humber College for 10 years, where he developed and delivered a practical understanding of 15 different courses, both in the classroom and in the lab. He has recently moved on to Evolve Home Services as their Director of Technical Services. At Evolve, he is responsible for overseeing residential mechanical design, equipment selection, technical training, and service.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$1295 + taxes
- 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE