BIM Project Planning & Management
May 3, 2021 /
Course Code: 11-0347-ONL21
When completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the process of BIM projects in a multi discipline environment
- Capable of opening and auditing a Revit model
- Navigate the model views, design views and drawings sheets developed in a Revit model
- Be able to begin the process of story boarding a full document set for production and design staff
- Have the capability to open review and change model and drawing elements to manage projects
This technical training is designed for senior staff managing projects in Revit. Staff requiring the ability to audit the model and drawing sheets developed at various stages of the project. Be able to control and manage sheets for production and design staff. Team members that need the capability of navigating the Revit model environment. This class provides the tools to confidently develop additional views and perform some model editing for design development. Provide revisions and markups from the Revit model from digital production files generated within the Revit environment.
This is a hands-on learning session. No handouts or manuals will be provided. Please refer to the suggested manual.
Schedule - 1 Day - 10:00am-5:00pm
- High level review of industry standards
- Project considerations that BIM affects
- BIM Uses what they are and how they could be utilized
- BIM workflow documentation and how important they are for project planning and delivery
- Revit Model management navigation
- Project Sheet story boarding
- Project Sheet setup
- Setting up the views for production development
- Model Auditing and Sheet review
- Difference between Worksharing and Collaboration in a BIM project
- What outputs can management expect?
- Where BIM is going for the Architects, Engineers and Designers
Who should attend
- Principals, Owners
- Project Managers
- Senior Structural Engineers
- Senior Mechanical Engineers
- Senior Electrical Engineers
- Senior Interior Designers
- Senior Landscape Designers
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.ca
Students must ensure they have a version of Autodesk Revit 2020 installed to follow along topics trained. Given the nature of the session if a version is not available for deployment students can follow along and take notes for content trained.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Luis Navarrete is a Building Information modeling expert with over 18+ years working within the AEC sector and 15+ years experience with design technologies related to BIM. Luis Navarrete worked as an adjunct professor at George Brown College within the Architectural Studies program where he helped develop and enhanced the Revit studio & BIM lecture classes taught to third year graduates of Architectural Technology and Interior Design Technology.
Mr. Navarrete has also lead a BIM Implementation as Director of Design Technology for NORR ensuring a consistent and up to date use of BIM across various regions in Canada, U.S, UK and UAE. Mr. Navarrete provides consulting services providing strategic and technical guidance for firms utilizing BIM within the Architecture and Engineering sectors. He supports projects delivered with BIM workflows in Waste Water Management, Transportation, Low Rise residential &Multi-Level and projects delivered for a large automotive client in Canada.
Professor Navarrete is a certified Autodesk Revit Expert who is engaged in the most current use of BIM workflows with various firms engaged with him. He has supported and managed various projects using Revit Arch, Revit Struct, Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM360, Clarity, Codebook, Enscape, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Dynamo and other BIM platforms which will expose students to the latest trends and best practices used by industry leaders today.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$695 + taxes
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 7 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE